For answers to questions about the content of one of the courses on this site, please refer to the course specific frequently asked questions (FAQ), or contact the course teacher.
For answers to questions about accessing ISED Learning, please see the FAQ below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I get started?
System requirements to be able to access this website?
ISED Learning is designed to work on any modern mobile or desktop device with a recent operating system and web browser connected to the Internet. Our aim is to follow all Government of Canada online requirements. However, this site is a prototype. Please use the bug reporting form for any anomalies or complications you encounter.
Where do I sign up?
How do I view / update my personal information or password?
- If you signed in using GCKey, you can change your password by clicking on your name at the top of the page and then clicking on Sign-in Information.
- If you signed in using Verify.me, you will need to contact your bank in order to change your password.
What username or password do I use to login?
- Sign in using a GCKey account. Use the Sign in button in the top right area of the screen and then choose GCKey. There you will find an option to create a GCKey account if you do not already have one.
- Sign in using your existing banking credentials through Verify.me. Contact your bank if you do not already have an online banking account.
I logged-in but I still don't have access to ISED Learning. Why?
If this is your first time signing into ISED Learning, you may have received an auto-generated email for account verification. This can take up to about 5 minutes. Look for an email sent to the email associated with your account. It will have a Subject line "Verify your email to create a My ISED Account". Follow the instructions to activate your account.
I get a message indicating that "Cookies are not activated." What are cookies and why are they important?
How to turn on cookies
Microsoft Edge (Chromium based)
In the upper right corner of your Microsoft Edge browser, use the "..." > Settings > Cookies and site permission on the left side menu > Manage and delete cookies and site data and ensure that Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended) is turned on.
Use the Firefox menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the upper right hand corner and select Options. In the left side Options/Preferences menu select Privacy & Security. In the Browser Privacy section (top of page) select Standard to enable cookies.
Why do I get an error message when I try to access ISED Learning?
This can occur occasionally, especially when using a less popular web browser.
Try accessing the site between each step below.
- Close and restart your web browser.
- Clear your cookies and cache (temporary files).Do a Google search based on the web browser you are using to find instructions on how to clear your cookies and cache.
- Try a different web browser like Edge, Chrome or Firefox.
- Restart your computer
Can I access ISED Learning from home?
Yes, ISED Learning is available almost anywhere that you have access to an Internet connected web browser.
I am interested in adding courses to the ISED Learning website. Who do I contact?
If you are interested in having a course on ISED Learning and want to learn more, please contact the ISED Learning support team for details. In your request, be sure to indicate:
- The name of the course you are proposing;
- A summary/description of the course;
- Why you feel it is needed.
Can't find the answer to your question?
If you have a question that was not answered above, please contact the ISED Learning support team.